ThinkFun Zingo 1-2-3
For those of you familiar with the original Zingo, then you know what to expect. Zingo 1-2-3 is just as exciting only to a whole new level of educational fun. Zingo 1-2-3 is a game for kids learning to count. To simply sum it up, it combines a combination of fun and skill to make learning fun from numbers to counting and bingo to racing.
Before the start of Zingo 1-2-3 each child has to select a game board. There are two levels of play. The green side for number counting and recognition, and the red side for addition and problem solving. After you get your card the red zing box is placed in the center and the game shall begin.
One person is selected to slide the red box and reveal two tiles. After the two tiles are revealed the reach is on. If you have that number on your board, you have to grab a yellow number tile before the next person. The first person to fill up his game card wins. It is a very competitive fast moving game.
- I usually play it with special needs children so here are two variations that I find work when the child get overwhelmed.
- We pass the red box all around the table. After an individual child reveals two yellow number cards, they check if it is no their board. If they do not have any of the number, the tiles are placed back in the box and the Zingo box is passed on to the next child.
- When playing in a 1-1 setting, I give the child a card. He the takes the red box and has to find the numbers on his card. After he finds the correct slot, we count all the pictures and spell out the letters in that number. For example if he gets number two, he has to count the two seashells and then spell t-w-o.
- 4 - 8
- Children leaning to count
- Children learning to add
- Children needing help with number recognition
Have you ever played Zingo 1-2-3 with your kids?
*If you are interested in purchasing Zingo 1-2-3 feel free to click any of the Pink links.